Last updated on 15 april 2021
ARTICLE 1 – GENERAL
NEUHAUS complies with the European Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of personal data , the anti-spam provisions and regulations regarding online contracting following Book XII of the Economic Law Code concerning the “law of the electronic economy”.
ARTICLE 2 – PERSONAL DATA
2.1. Personal data that you disclose to us:
- Category 1: without registering on the Website: your IP address and cookies using Google Analytics;
- Category 2: your surname, first name, e-mail address, telephone number (if applicable), address (if applicable) and all other personal data that you have entered in our contact form on the website or in your e-mail sent directly to us.
- Category 3: your surname (if applicable); first name (if applicable) and e-mail address if you register via the Website for our newsletter;
- Category 4: your sex, surname, first name, e-mail address, telephone number, delivery address, company registration number and VAT registration number (if applicable) if you place an order via the Website.
- Category 5: your surname, first name, e-mail address, date of birth,telephone number (if applicable), address (if applicable) and all other personal data when you subsribe as a Neuhaus-Insider in a Neuhaus Boutique.
- Category 6: your surname, firste name, e-mail address, telephone number, professional experience and all other details your share with us when applying for a job or a commercial cooperation with us.·
You are not obliged to disclose your Personal Data, but understand that the provision of certain services becomes impossible if you refuse processing.
2.2. Neuhaus may collect data from you (Personal Data) in various ways:
b. when you provide personal data in order to use the Website;
c. When you provide personal data needed to execute a contract to which the relevant person is a party or to take steps at the request of the relevant person before a contract is concluded.
d. that you specified when you had yourself registered in one of our boutiques
e. Recordings (CCTV, event and telephone recordings). Some of our shops use video surveillance systems (CCTV). When you enter such shops, you will be recorded by our video surveillance systems. If you attend events or fairs organised by Neuhaus, you may also be recorded when we take video footage of such events or fairs.
f. Your communication data. Any data shared by you when you communicate with us via email, online, telephone, social media or any other form, such as questions, requests or complaints.
g. Your data in lotteries, lead generation campaigns, competitions or trial promotions.
h.Your ratings and reviews and feedback. The opinions, experiences, preferences and interests and product or event reviews that you publish on our websites or share with us online or via social media.
ARTICLE 3 - PURPOSE OF DATA PROCESSING
NEUHAUS will use the Personal Data collected from you only for the following purposes:
- Category 1: to provide and improve this Website and include Personal Data in anonymous statistics, from which the identity of specific persons or companies cannot be ascertained, the legal basis being the legitimate interest of NEUHAUS in continuously improving its Website and the service it provides;
- Category 2: to answer the message that you send us via our contact section. The legal basis being your express consent;
- Category 3 and 5: to send our newsletters, company and product information and targeted advertisements and to keep in touch with you, your express prior consent forming the legal basis for this;
- Category 4: to dispatch your order, the legal basis being the execution of an agreement which has been requested by you.
- Category 6: to contact you regarding the proposed job offer or offer for commercial cooperation and for similar job offers or commercial cooperation, to assess the opportunity of executing an employment contract or commercial cooperation agreement. To assess your suitability for such a job or commercial cooperation or similar jobs or commercial cooperation. To contact you to organise interviews for such jobs or commercial cooperation.
3.2. Direct marketing:
The personal data will also be used for direct marketing, provided You have given an additional express consent for this (“opt-in”).
If you have already been included on our circulation list to receive marketing material in paper and/or electronic form, NEUHAUS may use your data to send marketing and other material about NEUHAUS, its products and/or services. NEUHAUS may use the data provided by you to update documents retained by NEUHAUS.
This consent may be withdrawn at any time, without stating a reason and free of charge, for example by clicking on the unsubscribe link which is provided for that purpose at the bottom of every promotional e-mail message.
3.3. Disclosure to third parties:
In case of entire or partial reorganisation or transfer of the business of NEUHAUS, in which it reorganises or transfers its business activities, ceases trading or if NEUHAUS goes bankrupt, this may mean that your information is transferred to new entities or to third parties that carry out all or some of the business activities of NEUHAUS.
NEUHAUS shall make reasonable efforts to inform you beforehand that NEUHAUS is disclosing your data to the said third party, but you also acknowledge that this is not technically or commercially feasible under all circumstances.
Neuhaus can share your data category 3 and 5 with its partners assisting Neuhaus in managing your customer data and in setting up Neuhaus’ marketing campaigns and their sub processors, always under the control of Neuhaus.
NEUHAUS will not sell, hire out or distribute your Personal Data or otherwise make it commercially available to third parties, except as described above or unless you have given prior consent for this.
3.4. Legal requirements:
In rare cases, it may occur that NEUHAUS has to disclose your Personal Data because of a court order or in order to meet other compulsory legal or regulatory requirements. NEUHAUS shall make reasonable efforts to inform you of this beforehand, unless this is subject to legal restriction
ARTICLE 4 - DURATION OF DATA PROCESSING
The personal data are retained and processed by us for a period that is necessary for the purposes of processing and on the basis of the contractual relationship between NEUHAUS and you.
When applying for a job at or a commercial relationship with Neuhaus and sending us your personal data for that purpose, we will store your data until the end of the application process.and/or commercial negotiations or the end of your employment or cooperation with us (whichever applies)..
If your profile matches our requirements for future vacancies, we will keep your personal data for 1 year in order to be able to contact you at that occasion,
If your application has not been withhold, we will erase all your personal data from our systems once the application process has ended.
ARTICLE 5 – YOUR RIGHTS
5.1. Right of access and information:
You have the right to be informed at any time of your personal data and of the way in which We use Your personal data.
5.2. Right of rectification, erasure and restriction:
You are free to disclose Your personal data to NEUHAUS or not. You also have the right to ask Us at any time to rectify, complete or erase your personal data. You acknowledge that if You refuse to disclose your personal data or ask for it to be erased, certain services and products cannot be provided.
You may also ask for the processing of your Personal Data to be restricted.
5.3. Right to object:
You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate reasons.
You also have the right, at any time, to object to the use of personal data for direct marketing purposes; in such cases you do not have to give reasons.
5.4. Right to free data portability:
You have the right to obtain your Personal Data that is processed by Us in a structured, current and machine-readable form and/or to have it transferred to other Controllers.
5.5. Right to withdraw your consent:
Insofar as the processing of your data is based on your prior consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent.
5.6. Exercising your rights:
You can exercise your rights by contacting us, either by e-mail to email@example.com by post to NEUHAUS, Postweg 2, 1602 Vlezenbeek or by using the “Contact us” section of the Website, as long as a copy of Your identity card is enclosed.
5.7. Automatic decisions and profiling:
Processing of Your Personal Data includes profiling.
This means that Neuhaus may send you personalised offers and advertisements on the basis of your purchasing history.
You have the right to object to this profiling free of charge at any time. You can do this by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.8. Right to file a complaint:
You have the right to file a complaint with the Belgian Privacy Commission: Belgian Commission for the Data Protection Authority, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, Tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00, Fax +32 (0)2 274 48 35, e-mail: email@example.com.
This is without prejudice to any action in a civil court.
If You suffer any damages as a result of the processing of Your personal data, you can file a claim for compensation.
ARTICLE 6 - SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
6.1. We have developed technically and organisationally appropriate safety measures to avoid the destruction, loss, falsification, alteration, unauthorised access or accidental disclosure to third parties of personal data collected and also any other unauthorised processing of such data.
6.2. NEUHAUS cannot be held liable under any circumstances for any direct or indirect damages arising from incorrect or unlawful use of personal data by a third party.
6.3. You must comply with the security instructions at any time, which includes ** all unauthorised access to the Website. You are therefore solely responsible for any use originating from the Website of Your computer, IP address and Your identity details, and also for the confidentiality of these.
ARTICLE 7 - THIRD PARTY ACCESS
7.1. In order to process your personal data, we give our employees access to Your personal data.
ARTICLE 8 – COOKIES
8.1. What are cookies?
A “cookie” is a small file sent by the NEUHAUS server and placed on the hard disk of Your computer. The information stored on these cookies can only be read by Us and only during your visit to the Website.
8.3. Types of cookies:
Although there are different types of cookies, which are different in terms of their functions, their origin or how long they are retained, the law primarily makes a distinction between functionally or technically necessary cookies and all other cookies.
The Website uses the following cookies:
1. Functional cookies Remember the preferences you specified in previous visits and the changes you made to the website to suit your preferences.
2. Performance cookies These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
3. Marketing cookies: Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
What cookies are being used on our site?
B2C Commerce Storefront These cookies are used to ensure a smooth shopping experience.
SiteGenesis sets cookies that may be used by other websites within the SiteGenesis network. SFRA does not have access to the SiteGenesis cookies.
Einstein cookies Online AI (artificial Intelligence) implemented by these cookies.
cookieConsent: Keeps track of the users cookie choices (functional, advertising, performance)
consentTrackingVerified :Keeps track if the user already set their cookies
favStoreId: Keeps track of the users favorite store Local storage
PreferredLocale:Keeps track of the users chosen locale (language and country ex.: nl_BE)
Commerce Cloud Reports and Dashboards
For cookies placed by third parties (e.g. Google Analytics), please refer to the statements made by those parties on their respective websites. Note: we have no influence whatsoever on the content of those declarations, nor on the content of the cookies of these third parties: Google Analytics cookies
8.4. Your consent:
You can also refuse or block cookies by changing Your browser configuration settings. Turning off cookies may mean that you are unable to use some of the functions of the Website.
If you have any further questions or comments about the processing of your personal data, please contact us, either by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by post to NEUHAUS Postweg 2, 1602 Vlezenbeek, or by using the “Contact us” section of the Website.
You can also find more information about cookies at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
You can find more information about online behavioural advertising and online privacy here: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/